- Track general visitors to the website
- Find how many people are viewing specific pages, such as product or contact pages
- Identifying where your customers are coming from
Watch this short video (Courtesy of Web Marketing Today) to learn more about web analytics:
Here are some quick tips for using Analytics to track your web customer's habits:
- Load the Analytics code on the home page of your site, to track general web visitors.
- Additionally, add code to each page that your company would like to see visitors come to, such as a specific product page.
- Add code to your contact form, to track how many people are signing up for more information, vs. how many are leaving before offering their contact info.
- As the video stated, write down 2-3 goals before checking your stats, so you know exactly what type of information your are searching for.
- Check your stats at least once a week to detect trends and changes in web visits.
- Set goals based on your weekly or monthly stats (new customers, signups or purchases).
- Change the layout of your website often, to always keep your content fresh for visitors.